date: May 16, 2009
place: KBC's Mama's house
r.s.v.p.: KCB's Mama
registered at: BRU and www.gogonatural.com
Some of the amazing gifts included:
* adorable clothing sets for Little Rocker
* some safety items for our home, like plug protectors and a plug-in fire alarm
* beautiful hand-knit sweaters, hats, and booties from Cousin Dorothy - these were made by my late Aunt Francis and made my mother cry. :-)
* more beautiful hand-knit sweaters, hats, booties, and blankets from Aunt Anna Marie
* a super cute bank, made out of a coffee can and a hand-knit dolly - this seems to be a family tradition, and I'll be sure to post a picture of it!
My mom did a spectacular party-throwing job! I know she had been stressing over this for a while, but the outcome was amazing. She hired a hospitality school graduate/receptionist at her office to prepare and serve the food. This girl was awesome! She made a fruit bowl out of the melon, and it had little flowers all over it...again...created out of the melon! Very cool!
All in all...this shower a huge success, and everyone seemed to have a wonderful time. RJ and I got some great things for our little boy. He's going to be the best dressed kid on the block! It's also nice to know that there are so many wonderful people who care about my little boy and want to shower him with love and help us out so much. It's great to have a support network, and it's pretty obvious that we have a great one already!
<-- This is the hand-knit bank. Aunt Anna Marie also put 5 silver dollars in there for Little Rocker. I bet he'll think that's pretty darn cool, when he's older and knows what money is!